About me |
Good Read |
Who am I?
I am a PhD candidate in my fourth year at the University of Toronto and I work with Ragnar-Olaf Buchweitz. During my time in University of Toronto, I have been exposed to several awesome areas of my taste including representation theory of algebras, noncommutative algebraic geometry, mirror symmetry, matrix factorizations and so on and I like walking on the bridges between them. I like the kind of mathematics which can talk about Platonic solids, finite subgroups of SL(2, C), Dynkin diagrams, Lie algebras and Kleinian singularities at the same time or the kind which can relate the bounded derived category of coherent sheaves on a projective space and a certain quiver with relations. During the summer of 2017, I plan to learn more about cohomology annihilators.
You can contact me at:
If you prefer writing letters, you can send them to
- ozgures[at]math[dot]toronto[dot]edu for academic,
- ozgur[dot]esentepe[at]mail[dot]utoronto[dot]ca for bureuacratic and tutorial-related reasons.
Department of Mathematics
University of Toronto
40 St. George Street, Room 6290
Toronto, Ontario, Canada M5S 2E4
Have we met before?
It is possible that we met before.
You may be my classmate. I was:
- at Kadikoy Anadolu Lisesi between 2003 and 2008,
- at Bogazici Universitesi between 2008 and 2013,
- at University of Toronto since 2013.
You may be my villagemate. I was:
- at Nesin Mathematics Village for more than 20 weeks starting from Summer 2009.
I may be your tutorialmate. I was a TA for:
- MAT185, 188, 223, 224, 240, 247, 327 in St. George campus,
- MATA31, 33 in Scarborough campus,
- MAT402 in Mississauga campus.
You may be my conferencemate. I was:
- at Route 81 Conference at Cornell University (September 2014),
- at Maurice Auslander Distinguished Lectures and International Conference (April 2015),
- at Workshop on Geometric Algebra - Bridges Between Commutative Algebra, Noncommutative Geometry and Representation Theory at Fields Institute (July 2015),
- at Summer School on Koszul Duality in Bad Driburg (August 2015),
- at Route 81 Conference at Queens University (October 2015),
- at Antalya Algebra Days XVIII at Nesin Mathematics Village (May 2016),
- at GAeL XXIV at Nesin Mathematics Village (June 2016),
- at Graduate Summer School on Combinatorial Algebraic Geometry at Fields Institute (July 2016),
- at ICRA 2016 at Syracuse University (August 2016).
- at Non-commutative, derived and homotopical methods in geometry, University of Antwerp, September 19-24, 2016.
Where will I be?
I will be