- The results of the term test are in. The
high score was 50 (out of 50).
The median was 40. The
scores are posted on Blackboard.
Here are the letter grade cutoffs:
- Here are the
solutions to the term test. Please go over them
carefully and make sure you know how to do all the problems.
- The Term test will take place on Tuesday, October
20, 11-1pm in BA6183. It will cover everything we've
covered in class and on homework by Thursday, October 15.
Specifically, it will cover the following
- Chapter 1: everything;
- Chapter 2: everything;
- Chapter 3: everything except functors;
- Chapter 4: everything except for covering maps;
- Chapter 5 : Embedded submanifolds,
restricting maps to submanifolds, tangent space to a
- Rules for the test: No
aids allowed. No
- There will be no
homework due the week of the term test. However, as a
preparation for the test I recommend you do :
- the following problems from the book: Exercise
3.19 on page 67, 2-6, 3-2,4-2, 4-3, Exercises
4.9, 4.10 on page 80.
- You do NOT need to write up the solutions or
hand them in.