Education & Experience
- Assistant Professor, Teaching Stream. Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto. 2016--
- Researcher. Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto. 2016.
Sponsor: Adrian Nachman
- Lecturer. Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto. 2015-2016.
- Postdoctoral Fellow. Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto. 2011-2015.
Sponsor: Adrian Nachman
Focus: Mathematical Methods in Medical Imaging. Inverse Problems. Differential Equations.
- PhD. in applied mathematics, Columbia University, 2011.
Thesis: "Complex-Analytic Methods in Reconstructive Integral Geometry"
Advisor: Guillaume Bal
Focus: Inverse Problems. Mathematical physics.
- M.Phil. in applied mathematics, Columbia University, 2010
- M.S. in applied mathematics, Columbia University, 2007
- B.A. in mathematics, University of California, Berkeley, 2005
- Fields-MITACS Summer Undergraduate Research Program, Principal Supervisor.
Bayesian and Statistical Inverse Problems. Project on methods in EEG.
- Fields-MITACS Summer Research School on the Mathematics of Mecdical Imaging.
Supervisor to 4 very talented visiting graduate students on a project on covariance estimation. View the team's presentation
- Fields-MITACS Industry/Academia Connector Event on Mathematical Challenges in Medical Imaging. Co-Organizer.
Honors & Distinctions
- Frederick V. Atkinson award for Excellence in Undergraduate Instruction.
Department of Mathematics, University of Toronto, 2015.
- Colloquium speaker, Swarthmore College, 2015.
- "Analytic and Geometrical Methods in Medical Imaging" conference. Invited speaker. INI. Cambridge, UK. 2011.
- Conference on Mathematics of Medical Imaging. Invited speaker. Fields Institute. Toronto, ON. 2011.
- "Inverse Transport Theory and Tomography" conference. Invited speaker. BIRS. Banff, AB. 2010.
- MITACS Focus Period Postdoctoral Fellow. 2011-current
- Graduate Research Assistant, Columbia University. 2009-2011.
- NSF RTG fellowship in "Numerical mathematics for scientific software". 2011
- NSF Integrative Graduate Education and Research Training fellow. 2007-2009
- Instructor, School of Visual Arts, 2010
- Object-oriented design in C++ and Java.
- UNIX bash.
- CSS and HTML markups.
- Numerics (including machine learning, and artificial intelligence applications) in Matlab, Octave and Python.
- Columbia APAM/IGERT weekly colloquia organizer, 2007/08 academic year.
- United States citizen
- Canadian Permanent Resident