Approximate cube probability distributions and stats
This page contains information relevant after v. 179. Information which was available prior to v. 179 can be found here.
Accessories refer to any items which can get MESO/DROP % on their non-bonus potential lines.
All items are assumed to be at legendary-tier.
All stats for blacks cubes are in blue text. Everything else is for red cubes.
ALL means ALL STAT.
STAT refers to one (your choice) and only one of DEX, INT, LUK, STR.
LL stands for lengendary line.
Some expected costs
- 21% or more STAT on accessories: .418b
- 24% or more STAT on accessories: 1.988b
- 27% or more STAT on accessories: 3.083b
- 30% or more STAT on accessories: 10.346b
- 2 lines of DROP % on accessories: 22.79b
- 2 lines of DROP % on accessories: 18.29b
- 21% or more STAT on badges: .306b
- 24% or more STAT on badges: 1.374b
- 27% or more STAT on badges: 2.068b
- 30% or more STAT on badges: 6.623b
Individual probability distributions
Vectors in R^2 denote the data set sizes for black cubes and red cubes, respectively. When there are no black cubes, we'll just drop
the first coordinate.
Each of these vectors will link to a more detailed data set.
Note: This section of the page is getting to be too long and will be relocated to another page in the future with a hyperlinked table of contents.
Accessories (1596, 1204)
- 2 or more LLs: 23.31%
- DROP: 7.11%
- 2 or more LLs: 10.71%
- DROP: 6.96%
- ALL: 8.25%
- DEX: 11.24%
- INT: 10.71%
- LUK: 9.44%
- STR: 10.63%
- DEF: 10.13%
- HP: 12.82%
- ALL: 8.95%
- DEX: 11.81%
- INT: 11.27%
- LUK: 12.58%
- STR: 13.12%
- DEF: 10.63%
- HP: 12.73%
- ALL: 5.94%
- DEX: 11.45%
- INT: 8.7%
- LUK: 12.17%
- STR: 10%
- DEF: 9.71%
- HP: 11.59%
- ATT: 10.72%
- M. ATT: 8.70%
- IED: 12.32%
Thank you to everyone who took their time to carefully document their cube usage and share them.
This page would not be possible without your contribution.
- Fearcely (additional thanks here for helping troubleshoot the parsing on a number of occasions!)
If you're interested in contributing in the future, please carefully read everything below.
This is only for re-rolling legendary tier items with red cubes or black cubes.
You may not contribute data if you answered "No." to any of those questions.
If you answered "Yes." to all of those questions, here's what you can do to contribute.
- Are you willing to make screenshots accessible to the public?
- Are you willing to disclose the usernames of the characters which used the cubes?
Make sure you have at least 100 screenshots of the same cubes used on the same type and tier of item.
Use folders to appropriately separate screenshots if you are submitting different things.
Use Maplestory's screenshot feature for all of your screenshots.
Make sure to wait for the cube animation to completely finish before taking a screenshot.
Make sure that there are not obstructions to the visibility of the lines displayed.
The most common obstruction is the MS cursor.
Make the files available on Dropbox and let me know. Please do not make .rar or .zip files.
Simply upload the pictures directly into folders which are made on Dropbox.