results of the term test are in. The high score was 77 (out of 80).
The median was 46. The scores are
posted on the Blackboard.
Here are the letter grade cuttoffs:
- Here are the solutions
to the term test.
- Here are the solutions to the practice term tests
- The term test will take place on Wednesday,
February 27, 3:10-5pm in MB 128.
It will cover sections 1-8 of the text and all the
material of the lectures, tutorial and homework up to the
end of this week. That includes: Induction, prime
factorization, modular arithmetic, Fermat's Theorem,
Euler's theorem, Wilson's theorem, RSA encryption, Euclidean
algorithm and its applications, irrational numbers.
- Here are three past practice tests for the term
test. I will post solutions to them next week but please try
to do all the problems by yourself before looking at the
solutions. Also please note that the practice tests were for
50 minutes tests (while ours will be 1 hour 50 minutes) so
they don't accurately represent the length of the term test.
- There will be at least one homework problem on the
- Rules for the test: No aids allowed. No calculators!
- There will be no homework due the week of the
term test. However, I recommend that you do the
following problems to help you prepare. You don't need to
turn them in.
- page 71: #8, 9, 10, 12, 13