I am currently at the Courant Institute, New York University. Please find my updated web page there.
40 St. George Street
Toronto, ON M5S 2E4
1265 Military Trail
Toronto, ON, Canada, M1C 1A4
St. George: Topology II
Scarborough: MATC16: Coding Theory and Cryptography -- see
Portal page for class information
Most of my papers can be found at
here are some slides and notes from courses and talks I've given:
- Notes on "Examples of buildings" from my Winter 2013 topics course, Apr. 2013.
- Notes (1, 2, 3, 4, 5) from a 5-lecture course aimed at high-school students on "The geometry of surfaces and 3-manifolds", Mathcamp Jul. 2012.
- Slides from "Filling functions and nonpositive curvature", Coarse Geometry of Infinite Groups, Lille, France, Jun. 2012.
- Slides from "Homological and homotopical filling functions", University of Toronto, Feb. 2012.
- Slides from my MSRI/Evans lecture, "An introduction to the Dehn function", Oct. 2011.
- An outline of my minicourse at CRM, Jan. 2011.
- "The Dehn function of SL(n;Z)", from a talk at Tufts, Oct. 2009.
- Some expository notes on asymptotic cones and filling inequalities, from a talk at "The Isoperimetric Inequality for SL(n,Z)", Sep. 2008.
- "Filling Inequalities in Nilpotent Groups", from a talk at Universite Paris-Sud, Oct. 2007.
- "Scaled Relators and Dehn Functions for Nilpotent Groups", from a talk at the Combinatorial and geometric group theory conference at Vanderbilt, May 2006.
- "Averaged Dehn Functions in Nilpotent Groups", from a talk at the Conference on
Geometric and Probabilistic Methods in Group Theory and Dynamical Systems at Texas A&M