K - 8
Below is a list of programs currently offered to students in grades K - 8. Click on any heading for more information on a program.
- Kangaroo Math is a 60 minute, multiple choice contest for students from grades 3 - 12
- It takes place each year in the spring (the next competition is on March 28th, 2010)
- Problem sets consist of three sections 8 questions each.
- It is a contest game that originated in France in 1991 and quickly became famous in Europe. Several years later the International Association "Kangourou sans frontières" had been founded. With each passing year the popularity of the competition continues to grow attracting new cities and new countries. This year the Kangaroo will be conducted in five Canadian cities: Ottawa, Toronto, Edmonton, St. John's and Moncton.
- Winners will be awarded with prizes and awards at a ceremony in May and students with top results will have an opportunity to participate in one of the Summer International Math Kangaroo camps organised every year in various places in Europe.