E-mail: jmracek (at) math.toronto.edu
Office: Room 1027 - 215 Huron Street
Department of Mathematics
University of Toronto
40 St. George St.
Hello! Welcome to my homepage. I am working towards a mathematics PhD at the University of Toronto under the supervision of Lisa Jeffrey. Here you will find my current research interests, a brief CV, and other assorted hobbies and interests of mine. My current research activities involve computing the Betti numbers of symplectic reductions of the based loop groups of compact Lie groups.
- 2012 - PhD Candidate, Mathematics, University of Toronto
- 2012 - MSc, Mathematics, University of Toronto
- 2011 - MSc, Physics, University of Toronto
- 2010 - BASc, Nanotechnology Engineering, University of Waterloo
- 2013/2016 - NSERC PGS-D
- 2012/2013 - Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- 2011/2012 - Ontario Graduate Scholarship
- J. Mracek, R. D Fagan, R. M Stengelin, and T. Hesjedal. Are carbon nanotubes a naturally occurring material? Hints
from methane CVD using lava as a catalyst. Current Nanoscience, 7(3):294-296, 2011.
- D.V. Russo, M.J. Burek, R.M. Iutzi, J.A. Mracek, and T. Hesjedal. Development of an electronic nose sensing platform
for undergraduate education in nanotechnology. European Journal of Physics, 32(3):675, 2011.
- J. Baugh, J.S. Fung, J. Mracek, and R.R. LaPierre. Building a spin quantum bit register using semiconductor nanowires.
Nanotechnology, 21(13):134018, 2010.
- Graduate workshop on symplectic and contact topology, Stony Brook University, Stony Brook NY, 2012
- Connections in geometry and physics, Perimeter institute for theoretical physics, Waterloo ON, 2012
- MAT237 - Vector Calculus
- 2014-2015 MAT1300/1301 Differential/Algebraic topology
- 2013 - MAT1002 Graduate Complex Analysis
- 2013 - MAT334 Complex Variables
- 2012 - MAT354 Complex Analysis
- 2012 - MAT334 Complex Variables
- 2012 - MAT223 Linear Algebra I
- 2011/2012 - MAT135/136 Calculus I(A/B)
- 2011/2012 - MAT186/187 Calculus I/II for Engineers
- 2011 - PHY152 Foundations of Physics Laboratory
- 2010 - PHY180 Physics Laboratory
- 2010 - NE232 Quantum Mechanics
Gelato recipes coming soon!
Last update: Feb 4 2016